Sunday, December 11, 2011

My First Blog Post!

I had this image in my head of my perfect blog and what I wanted it to look like and well...it's not quite there, but I'm working on it. I couldn't wait any longer though, I wanted to actually write something!

So welcome to my blog! I've been contemplating blogging for some time. The main focus of the blog, (if you couldn't tell from the name) is Tennyson. My main purpose is to educate people about her, about her diagnoses, about our journey from where we began, where we have been, and where we are now with her. I'll throw in a little about me (my sewing and craft projects and cooking creations), but you probably won't hear much about the man in our lives - he prefers to stay out of cyberspace.

I have been following a few blogs for some time now. Each one has an adorable child, either with cerebral palsy (CP), or some other developmental delay. Early on, those were my only connection to other people with non-typical kids. They validated my emotions and feelings and made me feel like a not so crazy lady. I hope you will bookmark us and check up on us :)

I don't post a whole lot about Tennyson on Facebook, other than celebrating her awesome accomplishments with people who love her. Mainly because people who don't know a lot about her tend to initially feel bad or feel sorry for her; and that is not what I want. She's certainly not lacking in the love department and honestly, she is one of the happiest children I know. No reason to feel bad for anyone in this house. We are blessed, no doubt about it.

So we are going to cover it all and I'll try and keep it real and honest for you. I'll post about my pregnancy, her birthday and NICU stay, the first year, feeding problems, GERD, getting the diagnosis of CP, microcephaly, doctors appointments, therapy sessions, weight checks, developmental delays, having a feeding tube, seizures and epilepsy, chromosome abnormalities and being truly "one of a kind", our amazing family, our amazing friends, how seriously adorable Tennyson is...etc. (you get the idea). I will share her millimeter-stones, and I'm sure you will quickly realize we celebrate just about everything around here - right on down to going to the bathroom.

We'll see how this goes. I don't have a plan to post daily or anything like some of the more seasoned bloggers I follow, but when inspiration strikes, I'll share it with you.

Amy

6 comments:

  1. I love this, Amy! So excited to read future posts and watch this blog grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your most visited fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy this sounds so wonderful! I am so excited to walk through life with you in a better way through your blog. Thank you for giving us all an encouragement through your strength and positive attititude. That is truest a gift from the Lord. Can't wait for more posts. Love you dear cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! We often wonder how Tennyson is doing and have enjoyed what you have shared on FB. Will look forward to sharing more with you as she grows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I'm excited to be a included in your blogging community. I pray you find comfort and encouragement here. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete