Monday, December 10, 2012

{Pregnancy Update} 31 Weeks

This pregnancy has continued to go smoothly. Next week I'll be 8 months! Wow! I'm still feeling good, but have definitely started to find it difficult to get comfortable when I sleep. My sister-in-law sent me a giant pregnancy pillow and that has helped me out. (Thanks, Michelle!)

I have a doctors appointment and growth scan this Friday. The growth scans give me such peace of mind that Baby Girl is doing well. I pray that she continues to grow on schedule and that I have a very boring third trimester. I'm a little anxious about the growth scan on Friday because at my last appointment, I had not gained any weight in two weeks. I'm eating plenty, so I just hope she is growing well.

At this point in the pregnancy she should be just over three pounds, which would make her bigger than Tennyson when she was born. I feel like she is bigger judging from the belly earthquakes she creates throughout the day. She's active and I love it. When I count my kicks, I only have to count for 30 minutes at the most. I think I felt her knees poking through my belly today!

I met my Doula that the hospital matched me with and I really like her. She wasn't annoying at all (I was a little worried about that!), and she seems very calming and supportive.

I feel a little ahead of the game in terms of being prepared. I've washed and folded her tiny little clothes and they are in her dresser drawers already. I have preemie clothes in my hospital bag just in case and will switch them out with newborn size clothes once I hit 37 weeks. I think she could wear a new onesie or outfit everyday for the first 3 months. She has so many cute clothes. Most of them are hand-me-downs from Tenn, but I have also been given so many cute clothes from friends.

As I get closer to my due date, I can't decide whether or not to take birthing classes to prepare for labor. If you took birthing classes, do you think they helped you? If you didn't take birthing classes, do you wish you had? The plan is still for me to attempt a VBAC up until my due date and then I will proceed with a c-section.

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment