Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tennyson's First Day of Pre-School

We made it! It went far better than I could have hoped. She did wonderful! After all the comments I received from other moms who had been there and done that, it was like a right of passage to cry when I dropped her off this morning.

When we arrived I could tell Tennyson was a little confused about what was happening. Her nurse helped me try to get her comfortable and seated in her chair, but she was already starting to fuss. Her nurse said she would just hold her and put her in her seat when she was more comfortable. I am so thankful that Tennyson was able to have her nurse with her. It made me feel so much better.

Tennyson with her nurse

On my out I had to check some medicine at the front office and that's when it got a little awkward for the secretary. She asked for my phone number and I could barely get it out! Then I saw Tennyson's physical therapist (who we LOVE!) and I almost made her cry, too! It was definitely time for me to go.

Tennyson had her feeding therapy with the other kids and did well. She took three bites of applesauce and a drink of water, which is pretty good for Tenn! Circle time was next on the schedule and her wonderful feeding therapist snapped a picture of her.


Tennyson during circle time watching her teacher

Her nurse said that Tennyson painted a picture of a clover and they made green pudding (but Tennyson didn't want to eat it). She said they included her in everything. Even when she started to get tired and fussy, she was still interested in what everyone was doing. They sang songs for her when she would get upset. I was so happy to hear it all went so well.

When I came to pick her up she was in her walker finishing up physical therapy. I said her name and she looked up right away and smiled. It was so sweet! I'm so proud of her! Since I didn't get to take nearly as many pictures as I hoped in the morning, I snapped a few once I got her in the car to go home. It was a good day.




Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    I am so happy for you and Tennyson! It is such a big step for her and it looks like she did amazing.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete