Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Tomorrow is Tennyson's first day of pre-school! I guess it's really "pre" pre-school, since she's only two and a half, but it still feels like a big milestone for her. I'm the only one who thinks so  apparently since my husband looked completely freaked out that I was teary eyed about it the other night! :)

I'm not sad she's going. I'm excited for her! But I'm so anxious about her being away from me for the first time. Honestly, I shouldn't be though. She's going to have her own personal nurse with her for the entire 4 hours she's there. That's right - it's only 4 hours. What am I so nervous about?!

Today we went with her nurse and my husband to see her classroom and meet her teachers and the other children. We arrived just as circle time was beginning so she was able to join in for a few sing-along songs. It was adorable!

She already had a little cubby labeled with her name on it and had an assigned seat at a table with her name on a four leaf clover place mat. She looked genuinely interested in everything going on around her. 

I've got her outfit laid out. The camera is charging (so I can take waaaaay too many pictures. Her backpack is packed. I labeled her tiny little coat with her initials. And I have way too much stuff to try and shove in that dinky little cubby.

The neat thing about her going to pre-school is that she will get to receive some of her therapies while she is there. Tomorrow she will get to have feeding therapy during snack time. Lately, she thinks it's really funny to watch people eat. So I'll be curious to see how she does surrounded by kids her age enjoying food like it's no big deal. 

I'll be back tomorrow to share how it all goes (and of course pictures!). I'll be praying for no tears - for either of us!

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Thats perfectly OK Amy...I cried all those years ago when I dropped Monica at her Kindergarten class at Grass Lake. Then I cried again when I dropped Mary off 3 years later. It's a Mom thing!! Be Proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, That makes me want to tear up. You are brave and I'm praying for you all. :) I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i worried about my daughter when she went to preschool cuz she was only 2 but she will do great plus it gets easier too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I taught preschool for years, and always thought it was so funny the way moms cried when they dropped their kids off for the first time! Then came Max's first day of preschool, and their I was, standing outside his classroom door, tears sneaking out my eyes. It really IS a big deal. At least it sure felt that way for me, too. Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still tear up on the first day of school. Sending Kailee when she was 3 and could not walk or talk was terrifying for us and thrilling for her. Do not apologize to anyone for those "mom" moments. They are what remind us of what MIRACLES our babies are!

    ReplyDelete