Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Easy Button - Finally!

Okay, so it's not a "button" - but it will definitely make life easier! I hesitated to go through the process of getting permanent handicapped placards. I had only heard bad experiences that consisted of multiple trips to get the right forms, to then have to get them signed off by a doctor, and then needing to get an ID card for the child. These days, I just don't have the extra energy to fight with insurance companies - and least of all the DMV, so I've been picky with choosing my "battles".

Had I known how easy the process was here in North Carolina, I would have done it a year ago. I printed off a form online, took it to one of Tennyson's many doctor appointments (which of course they signed - no questions asked), and had been hanging onto it for about 3 months.

I finally had the energy. I walked in to the DMV, handed them the form, paid $10, and they gave me two handicapped placards. They are good for 5 years. FIVE YEARS. Hallelujah!

The woman who helped me was even nice. I was just waiting for something to be wrong, or not filled out right. I couldn't help but be in a great mood when I left there. Nothing has been that easy in a long time when it comes to trying to get something for Tenn.

I can't wait to use my "easy button"!

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment