Monday, September 24, 2012

{Pregnancy Update} Week 20

I'm officially 20 weeks pregnant! Only 5 (or less) months to go! This one seems to be going by much more quickly than when I was pregnant with Tennyson.

I finally felt her move last week! Every night, after Tenn is in bed, and I finally have a chance to sit down and put my feet up, she lets me know she's awake. Just this morning, I felt her move before I got out of bed. So, she's definitely getting bigger and more wiggly. I love it! When Tenn was born and my pregnancy ended so abruptly, feeling a baby move inside of me was something I mourned. I missed it terribly. So I am really loving and appreciating all the sweet kicks I get to feel.

Changes to report:

  • I've finally gained nearly 2 pounds. I was much more nauseous this time around. It didn't really let up until 16 or 17 weeks, so I didn't have much of an appetite. Babycenter.com says that I can expect to gain a pound a week from here on out. I don't weigh myself though, so I'll just keep the weight checks at the doctor visits. No cravings to report yet.

  • I started to have nose bleeds last week. They are so annoying. They seem to be fairly common in pregnancy, but my doctor had me get a blood draw just to make sure all is well.

  • I got a flu shot. I'm glad I was able to get it. Tennyson is next. Apparently we need all the help we can get to stay healthy this season. I hope to get the pertussis vaccine as well.
I follow this great blog called "Johnny In A Dress". She has a son with CP, and she sews the most adorable things. She recently had a little girl (she named her Hollis - so cute!) and she did a post on all the adorable things she made for her. You can check it out here. Aren't they adorable!? I'm going to be sewing non-stop once we pick a name!



Speaking of baby names... so far, The Husband has not liked any names I have thrown out there as possibilites. We want to pick a name soon so that we can start preparing Tennyson (and I can start monogramming!). It's been hard to find a name that can follow "Tennyson". We like our girl names unique (obviously), pretty but strong, and not made up. Any suggestions?

Here are the names that have not made the cut (unfortunately):

Briony
Delaney
Finley
Henley
Emerson
Kenley
Lucy
Whitley
Eliza
Charlotte
Willow
Rowan
Sophia
Christiana
Felicity
Vivian
Brenna
Emmalynn
Piper
Cora
 
That's my update for ths week! All is going well. I'm feeling good other than some random round ligament pain here and there. I'm loving that my belly is growing bigger. I'm not uncomfortable, and now people can tell that I'm pregnant!

Thanks again for all of your kind e-mails and prayers. They are so appreciated!

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Chloe, Charlotte, Sienna, Sierra, Grace, Amelia, Lara, Scarlett, Claire, Amelie, Leah, Charli, Phoebe, Aubrey, Addison, Miranda, Hadley, Camryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my I LOVE the names that have NOT made the cut... I can't wait to see what is on the possible list! I like Eleanor and I LOVE the name Isola. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! Whatever you name her, she is one lucky little girl :) and I live the name Delaney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine just names her baby Adaleigh (almost rhymes with Natalie). Run that one by your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son's best friend's name is Emmalyth. pretty unique name. Thought I would toss another name out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you. (especially glad for you that you are starting to feel better now that you've hit 20 weeks.) You're right Tennyson is going to be a hard name to meet. Especially because it has such a great story of how you decided on it. If I think of names that seem to fit I'll pass them on to you. Thanks for the sewing link, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! Emerson got the cut?!! It's only like the best name since Tennyson ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about some names with a tie in to Valentines day since she will be a feb. baby. Stuff like Valerie, Desiree, or maybe something with French origins. And have you ever seen the baby name voyager wizard? you type in a few of the letters in a name you like and it pulls up names with those letters. It also shows you how common or rare it has been over the past 150 years. I always play around with it when we are talking names.
    http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#ms=false&exact=false

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh fun! Tennyson is such a great name...would it be too obvious to do something like Vivien or Elaine and keep with that literary thread? Ellery is also one of my favorites and would be kind of a cool pairing with T because of its history as a male name. Whatever you choose will be wonderful, I know. So many, many congratulations!

    Sharon

    Thanks, Amy, also for the comment a few weeks ago! We have been so caught up in the start of the semester and all the extras with Owen (ear infection this week! hooray, though, for common childhood illnesses that DON'T involve hospital trips...) that we have barely been able to keep up with the blog. Sometime we should chat more about equipment--I'd love to hear more about how you guys use your gait trainer and which other pieces you have chosen for Tenn!

    ReplyDelete