Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seven Snippets Sunday


 
--- 1 ---
 
Tennyson had her first hippotherapy session last week. I'm so happy she was able to go. Her school had her moved to a different date so she wouldn't have to miss it because of her upcoming surgery. I sent the flip video camera with her to school and they took great video. I couldn't help but giggle when I saw how tiny should looked on the horse. Take a look!


--- 2 ---
 
A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Pasadena Child Development Associates. They are a non-profit agency based in Pasadena, California and provide a variety of therapy services for children, parents, and professionals. Their list of services is impressive. They requested to use one of my photos of Tennyson to advertise an upcoming workshop on transitioning non-oral to oral feeding. If you are a special needs parent in southern California, they may be a great resource of information for you. You can check out their September online newsletter that Tenn's tummy was featured in here. Their website is www.pasadenachilddevelopment.org.

--- 3 ---
 
Today is Microcephaly Awareness Day! Microcephaly is a condition Tennyson has been diagnosed with because of her head circumference. Her head is the size of a typical 3 month old child. It was easily one of my biggest worries during her first year. Now, I hardly ever think about it. Especially since she has the prettiest, curliest hair that covers her cute little head. (Have I mentioned Tennyson has never had her haircut - ever!? I think the time is near...)

--- 4 ---
 
I've set up a Facebook fan page for the blog. I have a nifty little button on the right side of the blog you can click on and it will take you straight to it! We would love it if you would "like" us. I want it to be easy for you to get the latest and greatest news from the blog, and I will link each post to the Facebook page. Plus, you get to see cute "bonus" pictures throughout the week like this one that I shared on the 3rd anniversary of her NICU homecoming.

 September 27, 2009

--- 5 ---
 
If you are like my husband and don't have Facebook, we still make it easy for you to get the latest blog update without having to check back here. Just type your e-mail address in the box on the right hand side and Tenny can arrive right in your inbox. I just signed my husband up for this so I could make sure it worked, and it does.

--- 6---
 
Neither Tenny nor myself have any doctors appointments this week! It's a miracle!
 

--- 7 ---

Do you have a blog? If so, I would love it if you shared it with us! So many people take the time to keep up with Tennyson. I would love to do the same and learn more about our readers.

I hope you all have a great week!

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. my daughters blog is http://lexiandcharity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to find your blog via Ellen and Max! Great that she is doing hippotherapy! One of the most fun therapies in my sons eyes!

    ReplyDelete