Sunday, October 7, 2012

Seven Snippets Sunday

 
---1---
Tennyson's physical therapist arranged for her to trial a power wheelchair. She had an opportunity about a year ago to try a power chair, but it had a joystick she had to try and manipulate with her hand. She didn't have the motor skills to be successful with a joystick. This time, she is learning to control the chair with her head. She can turn by looking side to side, and to go forward, she puts her head against the head rest. Here is a cute video of her trying it for the first time with the head controls.
 
 
 
---2---
I took this picture last night of Tenn. I can't get over how grown up she looks! I had to do a double take when I saw it. I wish it was clearer. I guess I focused on Santa, rather than her face. Yes, she is wearing Christmas jammies...it's close enough, right? Only 78 more days until Christmas!
 
 
 
---3---
Last week we weren't supposed to have any appointments. She ended up having two. One for a weight check, and the other to see her Developmental Pediatrician. Both appointments went great. Tennyson gained a pound in the last month! She is now 24lbs and is 36 inches long. She needs to keep the weight gain going, because she will definitely lose some muscle following her hip surgery.
 
---4---
Neither of us have any appointments this week! Let's hope we can keep it that way.
 
---5---
Tennyson's surgery is only 9 days away! Good news - I found out her cast won't cover her hips and lower tummy, but will still cover both of her legs all the way up to her groin. Bad news - I found her doctor will be out of town the week she was supposed to get her casts removed, so she has to stay in them for an extra week. A month just sounds so much longer than 3 weeks!
 
---6---
Tennyson has been completely seizure free for 2 full weeks! Thank you, God, for answering that prayer! It has been such a blessing to not have to think about seizures.
 
---7---
Tenny is getting more curious about food! One of her new favorites is orange sherbet. I also let her try the powder on a white donut...(seriously, how can I NOT share with her when she just stares at me while I eat next to her!? She's just so cute!).
 
 
 
 
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow - so exciting to see her trialing that powerchair and congrats on being seizure free. Both things I can relate to and celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete