Monday, October 29, 2012

{Pregnancy Update} 25 Weeks

I know I've said it before, but it's true - this pregnancy is flying by. I haven't posted a pregnancy update in 3 weeks, so it's about time.

I feel a new sense of responsibility now that I've passed the 6 month mark. Viability begins at 24 weeks, so if something crazy were to happen and this baby suddenly ended up being born, she could survive. I'm still trusting God's plan, but feel the need to be extra vigilant from here on out. I'm already counting kicks, but I don't think I technically have to start that until 28 weeks. It brings me peace of mind.

Even though I feel so much more aware and educated this time around, I still have my "crazy pregnant lady" moments. For instance, I bumped my belly the other night on a door handle and it bruised the following day. I worried I hit the baby in the head (the head seems to be a constant area of concern for me), or that the placenta was damaged. I called the OB on call at the hospital just to make sure they didn't want to check on the baby. I refrained from asking them if they thought I hit the baby in the head. They were not worried about me (not unless I was leaking, bleeding, or contracting - which I wasn't). Baby Girl was moving around just fine. I also decided someone should invent a helmet for baby bumps.

I felt silly calling the doc about bumping into a door handle, but at the same time, as I get farther along, I'm needing more reassurance everything really is going well. Since our only experience is "the path less traveled", it almost feels surreal my body is truly working how God intended it to, and I'm carrying a healthy child. It makes me incredibly emotional (I'm blaming those lovely pregnancy hormones).

Anyways, enough of the therapy session. Here's an actual update on our sweet (still un-named) Baby Girl.

Two weeks ago, I had the ECHO ultrasound to check on the baby's heart. At the anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks, there were a few images that made the doctor want to double check the baby didn't have a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD). She doesn't. I didn't think she did. They gave me some really cool pictures of her.

Her kicks are getting stronger and it's the coolest thing to feel her move throughout the day and night. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were able to feel her move when I put their hand on my belly. I feel really proud when people tell me I'm getting bigger. She is growing right on schedule and I will have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure she continues to grow well.

tennsense@gmail.com

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment