Monday, October 8, 2012

{Pregnancy Update} 22 Weeks

I'm completely enjoying this stage of my pregnancy! I feel good. I'm not tired. I'm not nauseous. I've stopped having nosebleeds. I'm not uncomfortable. I'm sleeping good. It's wonderful! According to my babycenter.com e-mails, baby girl is about 11 inches long and weighs just around a pound.

It was only a few weeks ago I was waiting to feel this baby girl kick. Now, she makes sure I know when she's awake. It went from soft little flutters to full on kicks within two weeks!

I only have 15 more weeks until I'm technically full term (37 weeks). With the unexpected scheduling of Tennyson's surgery, I feel like the next few months are going to go quickly. Tenn's surgery is next Tuesday. I have an ultrasound to look at this baby's heart the following morning, and the next day, I'll get to see my doctor. At least I'll be in the same hospital for all of this. It actually makes it quite convenient.

I've been contemplating using a doula for this birth. The hospital has volunteer doulas that are on call and they don't charge for their services. I'm in the process of being matched with one. I think I've started to process early enough to find someone I'm comfortable with.

Last time around, I read every single chapter of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" except the chapter on c-sections. I even had written a birth plan. About a month after Tennyson was born, I found my birth plan and I half laughed, half cried as I read it. Everything happened so differently than what I had planned.

This time, I'm not planning. I have discussed a 'loose' birth plan with my doctor. If I have a healthy, boring pregnancy, then I will attempt a VBAC. I'm lucky to have a doctor who actually recommended that route. I've always heard of women having to fight for a VBAC, or having to find a doctor that would actually support them in trying for a VBAC. However, the baby comes first - not the birth experience - so a c-section will remain an option as well. As the pregnancy progresses and the growth scans of baby begin, I'll have a better idea what delivery route will be best.

I'll try to post a belly picture soon. (maybe tomorrow). The baby belly is definitely getting bigger. I found Mama Bee Belly Butter and Oil by Burt's Bees. I'm in love with this stuff! I'm slightly obsessive about moisturizing while pregnant. It doesn't stink and it's not greasy. I definitely recommend it.
 

On a completely different note, I'm excited to share that I have a phone appointment with Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg. She's the doctor in charge of the clinical trial at Duke using stem cells to treat cerebral palsy. I'll hopefully get to address some questions about Tennyson, and get some answers about banking the cord blood with Duke's Cord Blood Bank. It's a small step, but one that will hopefully open up doors for us in the future.

tennsense@gmail.com

Amy


1 comment:

  1. My preggo pillow is on its way to you!! I think you'll love it as much as I did! Love ya ;)

    ReplyDelete