Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Surgery Update - Day Two

Overall, today went far better than I had prepared for. Tennyson slept very well last night in between nurses coming in to check vitals. Around 2am her nurse let me know she had a fever. I was surprised because she has been getting antibiotics in her I.V., but the doctors who did rounds this morning (at 5:30am!) weren't concerned about it and said it was normal.

She was downright giggly this morning when she woke up. I can only attribute it to the dose of pain medicine she received around 6:00am. She also got some Tylenol, which brought her temperature down quickly.

I had to leave her around 9:00am to go to my ultrasound downstairs in the Women's Hospital. It was a quick appointment and I was able to get back within 45 minutes. As the morning went on, she became more irritable, which was what I expected. She cries every time the nurses come in.

After each dose of pain medicine, she took a good nap. When she slept, I slept. So, we both got three good long naps in today.


She was fitted for a wheelchair rental that will go home with us. They brought an adult sized wheelchair. I asked them to bring a pediatric wheelchair, but it was too small. So for now, she gets a big wheelchair. We might be able to use a wagon once we get her home.

I'm still trying to arrange for a car seat that will be able to accommodate her lovely new casts. Hopefully, we can go home tomorrow afternoon. I think she'll be more comfortable and we'll be able to figure out a good routine for her.

They handed out balloons today and I couldn't help but laugh at what her balloon said on it.

Amy

tennsense@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment